Forge 4 Cast Iron Radiators (355mm to 955mm high)
Forge ahead with this stunning, bare metal, cast iron radiator bringing effortless cool design and heart-warmingly impressive performance to traditional and contemporary settings. The Rolls Royce of polished cast iron, the Forge is hand polished across the entire radiator (not just front and top) including the intricate areas on the internal columns which are out of reach and benefits from a unique lacquering process which ensures the luxurious highly polished finish will remain for years to come, with no maintenance whatsoever. As a finishing touch, these radiators are supplied with our luxury wall stays in complementary finish. No short cuts are taken with Forge.
- Stunning bare metal finish
- Lacquered for protection so no oiling required
- 100 year manufacturer’s guarantee (on casting)
There is no Price List.
Our factory has developed a patent pending lacquering process which is essential for every polished cast iron radiator. This process will ensure that your polished cast iron radiator will look like they have just been polished for years to come. The lacquer we use is unique; it’s special formulation incorporates inhibiting agents along with a non-yellowing, semi-elastic lacquer. The inhibitors prevent any bronzing or rusting from within while the lacquer prevents oxidization of the outer surface without changing the colour of the polished metal. The semi-elastic nature is designed to make damage to the lacquer’s outer skin as difficult as possible. However, we supply touch-up lacquer just in case the radiator is scratched during it’s lifetime. The finished product has been thoroughly tested – confidence in this guarantee extends to this use of our polished radiators in bathrooms or damp environments. Lacquer is clear and un-tinted as standard but range of satin and tinted lacquers are available on request. Please note: Cast iron radiators have a textured finish. For a smooth finish, see our Bare Metal Classic or Core radiators, which are made of steel.
- Long radiators: Sizes over 1200mm wide will arrive in more than one block to make them easier to move around, meaning they need to be joined together on site. Therefore a joining tool is required and can be supplied on a sale or return basis (£120 refundable deposit). Remember to add a joining tool to your order via Joining tools. Contact our team to discuss the best way to return the tool and ensure a refund.
- Cancellations: Cast iron radiators are made to order. Once manufacture has commenced, orders cannot be cancelled.
- Lead time: approximately 4 weeks.
- Delivery: We offer delivery to most addresses on the UK mainland (excluding some remote areas) via a commercial pallet carrier service [MORE INFORMATION]
- Fixings: Radiators are supplied with the necessary fixings i.e. feet, wall bracket, plugs, bushes and vents. Cast iron radiators are floor-standing (with feet) as standard – wall mounted versions (without feet) are available on request. ½”connections are supplied as standard. (¾” connections are available on request.) Screws are not supplied.
- Depth: Radiator depth at deepest part (excluding wall bracket) = 180mm
- Projection from the wall: minimum is depth of radiator plus skirting board depth.
- Valves and finishing touches: These not included as there is now so much choice available. See our Valves page for valves and accessories to complete the look.
- Heat outputs: These are shown at operating temperatures of ∆t60˚C (British standard). To obtain ∆t50˚C outputs (European standard), multiply the outputs shown by 0.789.
- Pipe centre measurements: Cast iron radiators have tapping centres that equal the width of the radiator, so pipe centre measurements equal the width of the radiator plus and appropriate amount for valves. Bear in mind, some cast iron radiators are hand-finished in the traditional manner so widths of radiators may vary between batches. For this reason, we don’t advise finalising any pipework until the radiators are on site.
- Manufacturer’s guarantee: 100 year manufacturer’s guarantee against manufacturing defects.
- Water pressure: maximum working pressure of 6 bar.
- Water treatment: The manufacturer’s guarantee will only be valid if your radiators are installed in accordance with British Standards. This means that, on completion of installation, the system should be properly flushed and filled to remove debris and minimise the presence of solid particles and chemical residues, which may cause corrosion and damage within the system. Corrosion inhibitor should be used in accordance with British Standards and should take into account the particular metals within the system.
- Terms and Conditions: All sales are subject to our standard Ts and Cs; a copy can be downloaded from our website.
- VAT: The prices shown are inclusive of VAT.