Terms and conditions for website usage
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use govern Feature Radiators Limited’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term Feature Radiators or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 134 – 140 Main Street, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 2HL. Our company registration number is 04565884, registrated in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and debit cards. Only cards registered in the United Kingdom can be accepted. If you are shopping from outside the United Kingdom or wish to pay with a non-UK card, you will need to contact us to place your order. We use Sage Pay when taking payment by card on line. Sage Pay are a specialist secure payment gateway company, this ensures security for all concerned.
- We are happy to take orders online, via the live chat on the website, over the telephone, by email or in person at our Showroom. If you do not wish to order and pay online, you can contact us by telephone, email or via our live chat and we can arrange a call to you. We also accept payment by bank transfer (please contact us for bank details).
- If you have made a mistake on your order, and for online orders where you cannot correct it in the shopping cart, please contact us as soon as possible and we will happily correct the mistake for you.
- When you receive an order confirmation from us, this is to let you know we have received your order and payment and have passed it on to our distribution team for onward shipping to you. Once your order has been processed by our team, we will e-mail you a copy of our delivery information. If you would like us to post you a hard copy of the sales receipt, just let our sales team know and we will get this sorted for you.
- In the case that there is a pricing issue or we no longer are able to supply a particular product, we will contact you to ensure that the correct price is acceptable, or to offer you an alternative product that is similar.
- If your stocked item is not in stock, we will place it on back order for you. You will be emailed or called with alternative options
- Payment including VAT is due on submission of your order. You will not be deemed to have submitted an order where the payment is not authorised. For orders made from the UK or the European Union, VAT is charged at the appropriate rate. If you are ordering from outside the United Kingdom or believe VAT should not apply, please contact us.
- An order may not be accepted by us for the following reasons (this list is not exhaustive):
- We are unable for organisational reasons to fulfil the order or provide the services
- Due to a pricing or product/service description error
- Due to legal, postal or other restrictions meaning that you are not eligible to order the selected products or services
- Due to a failure to obtain authorisation for any payment
- Your order will be accepted and the contract concluded when we have confirmed that we are able to supply the products or services ordered and have received full payment as required. For avoidance of doubt a contract is not concluded when you submit your order to us.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.